[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 21 09:53:30 CDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 09:36:38AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> When I reply, "yes it's fast" they invariably ask how many Ghz.  I tell
> them 300Mhz and their look of excitement immediately turns to disgust.
> "That's too slow." they say.  "How do you get any work done?" they ask.

Heh... I run two servers at home.  When I tell people what they do they
are impressed.  They ask me if I'm running Intel or AMD CPUs.  Then I
tell them that both servers are Sun SS5's, around 10 years old.  Totally
different attitude after that.  Some have even said I was lying.  No
machine that old can do server work!