[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Apr 21 08:36:38 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>    It's even worse than that.  "Eeeeew, YOUR car has *WHEELS*.  Cars
>    had
> wheels 75 years ago...wheels are so obsolete!"

Not only that, but for some reason, LED enhancements are seen to
indicate ultra-powerful systems.  My Octane with a blue LED lightbar
gets comments like "Wow that must be a *fast* computer!"  "Dang, listen
to the fans!  It must be really fast!"  "Are those cooling vents?  You
must have dual Athlons in there, right?"

When I reply, "yes it's fast" they invariably ask how many Ghz.  I tell
them 300Mhz and their look of excitement immediately turns to disgust.
"That's too slow." they say.  "How do you get any work done?" they ask.

I don't are what you compare it to, a 300Mhz Octane is not slow.  It
might not be as fast as the latest multi-Ghz x86 system, but it is *NOT*
"slow".

--
Kurt                 "Who am I kidding?  Cake is just a delivery
kurt at k-huhn.com        mechanism for icing."