[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

David Holland dholland at woh.rr.com
Mon Apr 21 09:18:03 CDT 2003

As I understand it (so YMMV)

There are only two things that aren't free with RH AS.

1) Support for it. (No surprise there)
2) The binaries.

Should you so desire, you can go out and compile up your own
version of RH 2.1 AS from source code, just don't call RH when it
doesn't work.

SRPMS are here:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/2.1AS/en/os/i386/SRPMS/

Never have tried this myself tho..  Though I do have to wonder how
difficult it would be to take a RH8 system, and 'build' a set of AS
installation disks from source.. (Anyone feeling masochistic, want to try
it and get back with us? :-) )

David