[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 21 01:11:53 CDT 2003

On Monday, April 21, 2003, at 02:03 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:
>>   I'd like to remind everyone that this is FREE SOFTWARE that we're
>> talking about here.
>
> RedHat 9 is free.  RedHat Advanced Server is *not* free - yes, it has
> the
> same basic core as the free stuff, but has tons of "point and drool"
> admin
> tools for those who dont care to know how things actually work. 8-)
>
> The "Advanced Workstation", etc, arent free either.  Only the basic RH9
> release is freely downloadable.

   "Linux" is free.  But of course that term refers only to the kernel.

   Do they release the source code for all those admin tools and crap?
If not, are they still calling it "open source" for all the media
attention?

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols