[rescue] SOG converter

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 20 07:07:30 CDT 2003

On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 08:06 AM, Eric Webb wrote:
> There was talk about this before, so I thought I'd throw out the link
> anyone interested.  These guys have a hood that will convert
> Sync-On-Green to
> separate Vsync and Hsync pulses.  It's a whopping $50 and requires an
> external AC adapter for +6V, so it's sloppy as well as expensive.
> But, there
> it is...
>
> http://www.si87.com/Products/Cabling/Adapters/adapters.html
>
> A few people suggested circuits to convert Csync to Hsync/Vsync, but
> indicated
> that splitting sync off the green signal would be a little more
> difficult.
> Perhaps we could do more research and throw together a circuit for list
> members?

   This could be done without too much effort.  Several manufacturers,
notably National Semiconductor and Philips, make single-chip sync
separators which are commonly used in TVs and monitors and such.  I've
never designed a circuit around one, but I can't imagine them being too
difficult.

   However, with one of those chips probably running at least $10 or so,
I'd say $50 isn't all that bad.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols