[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 20 07:04:48 CDT 2003

On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 07:52 AM, Frank Van Damme wrote:
>>    ...unless you have anything important to do, that is.
>>
>>       -Dave, whose office STILL smells like smoke
>
> Smoke?

   SMOKE.

   From an electrolytic capacitor that exploded when it overheated,
caused by the failure of a cheap-ass fan in a cheap-ass power supply in
a cheap-ass PC running Linux.  The Linux part is the only good thing
about that box.

   I like Linux.  I like to keep a Linux box around to keep abreast of
the latest developments in that world.  But sometimes I wonder why I
even bother.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols