[rescue] Pretty good computer book sale -- ends TODAY

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Apr 19 13:31:26 CDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 08:42:44AM -0400, Chris Hedemark wrote:

> For those that live in the Philadelphia area, Microcenter has a whole
> room of 99 cent books.  They are useless to most people but for
> collectors of old crusty hardware & software, there is a potential
> goldmine here of hard to find stuff.

Same with the Santa Clara store. If you're willing to spend more than $1,
they have some good deals under $10. I think I paid $5 for a copy of a
one-version-back Cisco Internet Routing Architectures book, and not much
more for a one-version back IP Routing With Cisco Routers (or some such)
"Black Book."

> down to about $4 to $6.  There may be new editions out of the book
> fetching a higher price, and they just need to get rid of the older
> printings.  Yes, they'll have a little less up-to-date information on
> them so you'll miss out on some new stuff but 800 pages of useful info
> for $5 is a good deal.

Exacto mundo.

I figure since I"m messing with a router that's older than the book,
the book probably covers the router at least well enough to learn.

--Rob