[rescue] Pretty good computer book sale -- ends TODAY

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Sat Apr 19 07:42:44 CDT 2003

On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 09:07 AM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:

> Some of the books are discounted 98%.  Example: the GIMP essential
> reference: $1.99.  TCL/TK tools: $1.99.  Programming with Python:
> $1.99.

For those that live in the Philadelphia area, Microcenter has a whole
room of 99 cent books.  They are useless to most people but for
collectors of old crusty hardware & software, there is a potential
goldmine here of hard to find stuff.

They also have an aisle in their main book room that is full of
closeout books.  I was finding books on PHP, PostgreSQL, Oracle marked
down to about $4 to $6.  There may be new editions out of the book
fetching a higher price, and they just need to get rid of the older
printings.  Yes, they'll have a little less up-to-date information on
them so you'll miss out on some new stuff but 800 pages of useful info
for $5 is a good deal.

--
"Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the
nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those