[rescue] One share of SGI stock - $29

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Apr 18 20:59:21 CDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 07:07:47PM -0500, Scott Newell wrote:
> At 04:44 PM 4/18/2003 -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >http://www.dealsontheweb.com/deal/7416
> >
> >OneShare has shares of SGI stock for $29 shipped.
>
> Isn't that quite a rip?  I see that SGI is at about $1.45/share right now.
> Why not just go to a discount broker (heck, even a full service broker) and
> buy a share, then request the cert?

You'd pay a fee for the transaction; they may have minimum buys;
you'd pay a certificate fee; etc. etc. etc.

Etrade charges $40 to issue a stock certificate, on the regular
account I have at least. So to purchase a $1.45 stock share and
get a certificate, we're talking $61.44. And I'd have to get my
own frame. And wait 4-6 weeks, or more.

I wouldn't suggest buying multiple shares from OneShare. That's
not what they're for. They're for vanity shares that you want
to hang up on your wall and beam at. Or for Microsoft, throw
eggs at.

--Rob