[rescue] FS - Xyplex Maxserver 1600's

Simeon Johnston simeonuj at indivisuallearning.com
Fri Apr 18 15:46:24 CDT 2003

My bro got a bunch of these from an auction.
If you don't know what it is...
16port terminal server, AUI/BNC 10baseT - supports telnet, bootp, tftp.
They don't have the OS flash cards but can be booted via tftp/bootp.
I've heard, but don't have proof or linkage, that you can use other 2mb
flash cards for these.  If you can get a flash card that works you can
use the xyplex to flash the OS to the card also.

I don't have specifics on the amount of ram per each.  At least 1mb
each.
They can be upgraded to 5mb.

Some links I do have on configuration and software -
http://www.gno.org/~gdr/xyplex/
http://www.conserver.com/consoles/

He want's $40/each (includes shipping for Cont. USA).

Mail me off list if yer interested.

sim

Of course you could just start discussing how freaking awesome these
things are too.
I get all giddy just thinking about it...
Of course that doesn't take much.