[rescue] Request for recomendation [was: Why is everyone so OSX happy?]

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Apr 13 11:18:02 CDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, N. Miller wrote:

> Pismo--you can swap out the CD/DVD for another battery--some
> report 9+ hours under OS 9 w/two.

With two well-conditioned batteries, I regularly get 7 hours under OS X,
if I have the AirPort turned off and disc activity kept to a minimum.
This for fairly cpu-easy tasks like text-editing in vi, though.  YMMV by
how much strain you're putting on the CPU, of course.

> But the Pismo is a boat anchor (~7lbs) compared to iBook or G4.

Aw, hell.  It's not -that- bad.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  Q:  What do you call the hum of a rack of Apple
Thorndale, TX      (*      XServes?