[rescue] Re: Macs & IDE vs. SCSI

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Sun Apr 13 05:48:16 CDT 2003

On Sunday 13 April 2003 06:40, Gavin Hubbard wrote:

> >> Glow in the dark annoyed me, but the UV flourescent ones were a whole
> >> lot worse, let's not only cut a big hole in the shielding around our
> >> computers, but then let's add a high frequency (kHz) flourescent light
> >> supply in there too, just too add some induced distractions on our cool
> >> round cables. Of course it's only good if we get lots of clear bladed
> >> fans with LEDs on the blades.  It makes me embarrassed to see some of
> >> these things labeled as "useful computers"

Ah, here we go again, the casemod bashing crew has woken up. What is your
problem with some peoples creative hobby of changing a sting-in-the-eye ugly
boring beige box you'd rather put away in a closet like this one:
http://www.rjross.com/ever_mid_e4252_beige.gif (yawn) into something that at
least fits nicely in a teenagers bedroom, that is, without coughing up for a
50000 $ sgi box?

I would personally not destroy my own computer in the course of trying to make
ik look "l33ter" but I feel slightly tempted to try out some tricks on these
old 486 crapthings I have lying around here...

> Heh. I take it you haven't seen the E15k case mod? The page author presents
> it as "the most expensive case mod on the planet".
>
> http://www2.shuman.org:8082/mirror/www.rm-r.net/~bri/casemod/
>
> I especially like the quote at the top of the page "Sun itself has
> contacted me and expressed a lot of interest in this, and of doing
> something similar to the 15k when it undergoes it's next revision.. whether
> that will pan out is something we'll have to wait and see, but it's great
> that they are showing interest in making their machines better looking"

OMFG. This reminds me of the Vaxbar. Some people should get shot.

Hm

--
Frank Van Damme    | "Saying 8MB of RAM doesn't do as much anymore is
http://www.        | like saying a gallon of water holds more than it