[rescue] Re: Macs & IDE vs. SCSI

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Sat Apr 12 23:40:46 CDT 2003

>On Saturday, April 12, 2003, at 08:01 PM, Tim H. wrote:
>>>    OMG I saw an ad for those the other day!  Glow in the dark IDE
>>> cables?!  Unbelievable.  I think that says a lot about IDE's primary
>>> market. ;)
>>
>> Glow in the dark annoyed me, but the UV flourescent ones were a whole
>> lot worse, let's not only cut a big hole in the shielding around our
>> computers, but then let's add a high frequency (kHz) flourescent light
>> supply in there too, just too add some induced distractions on our cool
>> round cables. Of course it's only good if we get lots of clear bladed
>> fans with LEDs on the blades.  It makes me embarrassed to see some of
>> these things labeled as "useful computers"
>
><old_fart>
>   These kids today, I just don't know...
></old_fart>
>
>   Yeah it's getting out of hand.  It's kinda sad that these people
>can't find anything useful to do with their time.
>
>   Well, at least they're enjoying themselves I suppose.
>
>          -Dave

Heh. I take it you haven't seen the E15k case mod? The page author presents
it as "the most expensive case mod on the planet".

http://www2.shuman.org:8082/mirror/www.rm-r.net/~bri/casemod/

I especially like the quote at the top of the page "Sun itself has
contacted me and expressed a lot of interest in this, and of doing
something similar to the 15k when it undergoes it's next revision.. whether
that will pan out is something we'll have to wait and see, but it's great
that they are showing interest in making their machines better looking"

Bahahahahaha...

--Gavin