[rescue] ide vs scsi

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Apr 12 21:22:17 CDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 09:29:13PM -0400, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> But being on the recovery side of a year and a half of unemployment,
> I've got SCSI tastes on an IDE budget right now.

Exactly.  *THIS* is why I use IDE - I can throw an 80G disk in the
machine that serves these lists and web pages for less than $100 nowdays -
while doing it SCSI would require 2 drives and a PCI SCSI controller.

Plus, if the disk goes bad, *replacing* it is cheaper.  I'd get better
performance with SCSI, but I dont think I'm running into a disk
bottleneck:

  9:21pm  up 13 day(s), 18:18,  3 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.12, 0.21

I could use more RAM, though... (anybody got U5/10 RAM for cheap?)

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net