[rescue] Macs & IDE vs. SCSI

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Apr 12 17:12:56 CDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 05:49:20PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 05:02:43PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > On Saturday, April 12, 2003, at 04:50 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > >(I actually just sold off a pile of FCAL disks because I didn't have a
> > > chassis to put them in.)
> >
> >   That may have been a bad idea. ;)
>
> Well, it's not like I'm really short on storage right now.

And it's not like they'll be hard (or expensive) to replace. :)
As long as you don't need specific Seagate firmware drives, that is.

Hitech regularly has the IBM FC 18gb disks for <$2/gb.
http://www.hitechcafe.com/eshop/product.asp?dept%5Fid=7&sku=DRVL+18L

They're running short today, but I've seen them on and off. $15 today.

--Rob