[rescue] HP 1640a serial data analyzer

Larry Snyder larrys at lexis-nexis.com
Sat Apr 12 16:42:21 CDT 2003

Scott Newell <newell at cei.net> wrote:
> Tek, it seems, was bad about using goofy little
> connectors, which makes it more difficult to kludge up a LA pod.

'twas more than just the connectors that made those uncopyable.
Inside the pod was a Tek-made multichannel high speed comparator (at
least in the high-end stuff).  The different logic families were
all normalized to the LA inside the pod.  They also had hellacious
QA on delays.  I don't recall the time resolution a 7D01 was capable
of, but it was damned fast.  And accurate.  This was back in the late
70's/early 80's.  I've not followed them much since 86 :-(
-ls-