[rescue] Macs & IDE vs. SCSI

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sat Apr 12 14:39:16 CDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 03:00:11PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Saturday, April 12, 2003, at 12:55 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo
> +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
>    I'm sorry Patrick, I hate to argue with you and I feel bad about it,
> but I simply don't believe you're right.

I may have time to do a longer reply later, but for now, I will just
say that the only point I was trying to make is the oft-repeated myth
that IDE = huge CPU utilization is just that, a myth.

Everything else you bring up I agree with.

On a related note, did you ever finish that FCAL t-card design you
were working on?  I would love to get sharp on FCAL.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $19.95/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |