[rescue] Why is everyone so OSX happy?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Apr 12 07:17:36 CDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 06:55:13AM -0500, Phil Schilling wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:52:36 -0400
> Kevin <kevin at pipeline.com> wrote:
>
> > So now i'm
> > supposed to find a place to donate a low end, medium
> > (barely by todays standards) capacity HD or try and
> > sell it for what, $20 after i've spent $120 in time
> >
> The places around you are too fscking picky.  Here the local recycle for
> non profit organization would have killed for a 40g drive and not
> considered it low end or medium capacity.

There are places here even in Silicon Valley who would appreciate
the donation. And worst case, 40gb IDE disks go for $50ish on ebay.
If it takes you $120 worth of time to sell a hard drive, you're either
doing it wrong or you overvalue your time. Or both.

There's always rescue and the sort. Admittedly, offering an unpopular
drive for the cost of postage or for a fair price isn't as trollish,
but hey, we have faith in you. You can do it! :)

--Rob