[rescue] Why is everyone so OSX happy?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Fri Apr 11 19:08:18 CDT 2003

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 07:43 PM, Robert Rose wrote:
>Also, I should also declare my support for Dave in his quest for SCSI
>purity.  The only IDE drives I own are in laptops, and it will stay
>that way until the day I die.  I even managed to "find" a SCSI card
>and 18Gb unipack for my sunblade 100 at work, the standard IDE drive
>was donated to some peecee person.

Personally, the gameboxes and client-only machines around here run IDE,
but all the working servers are SCSI boxes.  No matter what specs get
waved about, the newest IDE systems can keep pace with not-so-new SCSI
systems only on a lightly-loaded machine with low interrupt latency.
And once you start to swap, forget it.