[rescue] Why is everyone so OSX happy?

Kevin kevin at pipeline.com
Wed Apr 9 13:52:36 CDT 2003

No i don't have any laptops of my own, at least none
that are modern and are up and running, there's no
telling what's in storage.  I do have an old SHARP 8086
laptop, there's no IDE on that either... also have an
old PowerBook 140, that's SCSI, all 40 megs of it.

Have you tried to donate stuff to a non-profit lately?
Last year i had a few boxes full of crap (486 EISA
server, Win98 licences, books cabling external
PCMCIA CDROMs, low end Pentium laptops, two SCSI
CDROM towers and such) to give away at my place of
business and we called all around, couldn't find anyone
to come and take it.  The only stipulation was that if
you took any of it you had to take it all.  So now i'm
supposed to find a place to donate a low end, medium
(barely by todays standards) capacity HD or try and
sell it for what, $20 after i've spent $120 in time
doing so?  If i knew someone who wanted it who could
come and get it that would have been different but that
was not the situation.

/KRM