[rescue] Why is everyone so OSX happy?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Apr 11 13:58:50 CDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 02:53:32PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 10:58 PM, Kevin wrote:
> >I don't mean to offend anyone here
>
>   Wow, THIS is a troll if I've ever seen one.

Any discourse that begins with "no offense, but" is generally either
a slam or a troll. Or if you read your email at Denny's, maybe it's
a troll slam. A droll troll slam, at that. But some useful information
(with the sound of the collective list todger soundly whacking a troll
ringing sweetly in the background) has come out of it.

I keep meaning to publish my list of things that mean the opposite of
what they feign meaning. Not antonyms, but "no offense but," "it's not
you it's me" and so forth. It will probably come out at the same time
as my Luther-inspired 95 Questions For Prospective Dates. :)