[rescue] Top 10 Sun?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Apr 11 10:56:39 CDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 10:51:05AM -0500, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 08:46:18AM -0700, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
> > My old 424 Meg hard drive doesn't nearly hold as much as it used to!
>
> Saying that 424megs of disk doesn't go as far as it used to is like
> saying that a gallon doesn't hold as much water as it used.

Did you miss this part?

> > <ducks>Kidding!</ducks>

And actually, your statement is patently false :) The 424 disk holds
as much data as it used to, but it doesn't go as far as it used to,
assuming you're not running the same OS and apps that were current
when it was the latest drive available. Anyone who disagrees should
probably get out of computers and go into construction or fast food. :)

It's like a $1000 apartment. In Indianapolis, that would be a small
palace.  In Mountain View, CA, it would be a small refrigerator box.
The $1000 is still the same amount.  Doesn't mean it has the same
value when applied.

Have you considered eloping?

Rob