[rescue] Homemade Racks?

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Fri Apr 11 09:05:40 CDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 01:37:20AM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> What'd be nice for the girls would be to get our hands on aPower Mac
> 7100 or 8100.  Or better yet, an iMac.  But even a 7100 would likely
> have to wait until I'm working again ...  right now we have trouble just
> scraping up enough parts to keep the machines we have running.  We've
> had a spate of hardware failures recently.

I have a spare PM7100 that needs a home.  You probably would want to
upgrade the ram, HD, and CD-Rom (if it even can take the spare caddied
CD-ROM I have), but it works, and I might be able to do something about
the HD and ram for you.  But, it's probably only worth it if you are
close enough to lancaster PA to pick it up.  I don't have proper
shipping materials on hand, so I'd end up going to MBE, and they charge
more to package the machine before shipping it than they go for on
ebay.