[rescue] Price estimate for used raised-floor

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Apr 10 03:52:40 CDT 2003

Hi list

I have a chance to rescue the raised floor from a large datacentre that is
being demolished. One of my clients went bust and I'm going to make an
offer to the receiver for the under-floor frame and floor tiles. They are
the standard 'particle board with bonded steel' style tiles. I'd estimate
that there is at least 40-50 square meters of the stuff.

What would be a fair offer for used tiles and framing parts? Is it
appropriate to give money for it? (or is the usual proceedure just to drop
off a couple of slabs of beer to the appropriate person :-)

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Gavin