[rescue] color printer recommendations?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Apr 9 21:54:39 CDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 22:47, phoetoid wrote:
> This is kind of an odd request, but I'll ask anyways. I am only a
> student, but I would like to get into some Solaris type of stuff, and I
> have no idea where to start to look for a good basic Solaris box to work
> with. Or, if there is some _old_ ghetto heavy metal anyone wants to get
> rid of in the Midwest, I would be willing to buy/trade for it. But I
> really just want to see what I can find for some good learning on the
> Solaris OS, on a sparc box. I'm very sorry if I shouldn't be asking this
> on this list, but it's the one place I thought I could get a definitive
> answer, so thanks in advance!

Where in the midwest are you?  I'm in northern indiana, and have more
sparc5's than i know what to do with.  If you're looking for something
to just do some console work on, a sparc5 might do it for you.  If not,
you might check to see if your school (i'm assuming a college in this
case) has a surplus outlet that might sell old computer stuff.  They can
be a goldmine sometimes.

	-Dan Sikorski