[rescue] color printer recommendations?

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Wed Apr 9 12:44:25 CDT 2003

> > It mostly gets used for personal stuff, but also does color brochure and
> > presentation prints for customers.
> >
> > Recommendations?
>
> Goodwill in Austin has two working[0] HP Color LaserJet 5 printers for
> $150-$200, and I have all the maintenance docs you'd need to keep them
> running.
>
> If I needed color, one'd already be at my house.

I've come across reasonably-priced used color laser
printers, but just can't justify using one instead
of an inkjet, and going to Kinko's if I need an
actual laser-printed page.

Maria has almost bought a couple, but I[1] have
always talked her out of it.

[1] Sounds odd, but I refuse to buy one until Maria
    or I really need one[2].
[2] The "geek factor" doesn't count as a need.  :-)
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net