[rescue] DLT2000/4000 "loader only"?

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Wed Apr 9 01:12:32 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire wrote:

> > The stand-alone DLT drives I have all have a clunky hand-operated
> > "door"
> > that would certainly be a deficit in a loader.  I haven't seen a
> > "loader" DLT, but I suspect that door is not attached, but there may be
> > some other mechanism to keep the tape in place.
>
>    I have a couple of "loader only" DLT drives here, and their doors are
> intact.

I don't know WHAT exactly that "loader only" thing is, cause the other
day I downgraded a TZ887 (one DEC TZ88/DLT4000) to a TZ867 by switching
with a standalone DLT-drive. And yes, it worked perfectly.

If anyone looks at the innards of the TZ8x7 autoloaders, they'd discover
that little motor on the right side of the tapedrive that sticks into
the side of the tapedrive - successfully operates the operator handle
with automagics.

Just try it, people.

/Bjorn