[rescue] UPS batteries, west coast

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 08:35:24 CDT 2003

If the unit is not in warranty, you can probably just
replace the batteries with the generic standard part
numbers and not the "specific" manufacturer parts
numbers.  For example, I have several APC and several
Deltec units.  Recently they too needed new bateries.
Looking up the manufacturer specific model number
cross reference, I found that to buy the APC or Deltec
specific part number was outrageous.  But to buy the
"generic" sets of CSB GP6110F2 batteries (which was
the exact same battery as the APC or Deltec MINUS the
fancy part number) was about 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.
While this methodology probably wouldn't fly in the
corporate environment - it works well in the home
environment & budget...
regards
steve
http://tax.yahoo.com