[rescue] new ultra 2

Stephen Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Sat Apr 5 15:23:37 CST 2003

So, I have my new Ultra 2. I fired it up (with working peripherals from
my SS5) and got a boot banner, but no ok prompt.

I took it apart reseated everything and put it back together again. Same
thing. I found I could get an ok prompt by hitting stop-a as soon as the
screen lit up.

All the basic diags look OK. A little extra info: "CE DMA fill from
address ffef8000 for 80 bytes" and the failure of the non-existent
floppy.

Now when I try to boot from the CD, hard drive or nic, I get "Watchdog
Reset" and "Externally Initiated Reset" and then an ok prompt again.
I'll try removing some of the memory, one of the CPUs and the HDD.

Any other ideas?

Steve