[rescue] Anyone ever use an LX for ppp?

Clayton Wheeler csw at thirdshoe.net
Fri Apr 4 14:35:46 CST 2003

I have an LX running OpenBSD, and though I haven't used a modem on it,
I do have a Wyse serial terminal attached as a console. At terminal
speeds over 2400 baud, I get garbage characters and missed characters,
especially when hitting Return in the shell. I've played with OpenBSD
terminal driver settings and the terminal settings to no avail, and I
see the same thing when I hook it up to another machine with a
null-modem cable, so I think it just has crappy serial ports. Perhaps
you're seeing the same thing? Have you tried operating the modem at
2400 baud (groan)?

P.S. If there is some Infamous LX Serial Console Trick I'm missing,
please let me know!

--
Clayton Wheeler
csw at thirdshoe.net