[rescue] anyone else here on AT&T Broadband (now Comcast) ?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Apr 1 12:42:11 CST 2003

Guess it is not the MAPS DUL... here is the error:

... while talking to mailin-03.mx.aol.com.:
<<< 550-The IP address you are using to connect to AOL is an IP address owned
<<< 550-by ATTBI/Comcast and is either open to the free relaying of e-mail,
<<< 550-is serving as an open proxy, or is a dynamic (residential) IP address.
<<< 550-AOL cannot accept further e-mail transactions from your server until
<<< 550-either your server is closed to free relaying/proxy, or your provider
<<< 550-removes your IP address from their list of dynamic IP addresses.  For
<<< 550-additional information, please visit http://postmaster.info.aol.com
<<< 550-or contact your network support organization at
<<< 550-security_ldc at cable.comcast.com.
<<< 550 Goodbye

So it may be their own DUL.

I did a quick test teleting to smtp.comcast.net and sent a test mail
but it still hasn't arrived yet... but it did seem to accept it.

Guess I could use something to the tune of:

aol.com		smtp:[smtp.comcast.net]

in the appropriate sendmail map. That way I can go direct and when I find
mailservers that give me problems I can build these rules in.

-- Curt

"Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <rescue at hawkmountain.net>