[rescue] The aesthetics of rescue

Thomas Gallaway tgallaway at comcast.net
Mon Sep 30 22:19:37 CDT 2002

hmm for some reason I allway's loved my modded C64 machine...

I think at the end I had it all... 5 diffrent rom images for selection
with a turnswitch built into the case
- monitor (hex editor)
- assembler editor
- basic (standard)
- basic with turbo loader
- turbocopy
- jiffy dos (42x faster loader or so)
also a 7 segment led display to see what rom image was selected
dual SID sound chip's for stereo sound (of course with disable switch)
2 x 1541 floppy drives with modded kernel (jiffy dos)
serial port adapter with 2400 baud modem
at some point I owned a 40gb scsi drive (I belive CMD manufactured it)
of course nice sound system (altac lansing speaker's)

and more gadget's like a sampler and stuff like that

well and we also ran a BBS on the c64 on a 2400 baud modem with a
custom bbs software.

that's the type of hardware I fell in love...