[rescue] Re: Disks (was: Fast Food (was Re..

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Sat Sep 28 12:40:01 CDT 2002

Re:
>The corpsys guys have good deals, and they are reliable.
>They run a storefront here in Santa Clara--I've bought..

I hate to admit it, for reason I will elaborate on, but recently, they have
had some good steals..

My hesitation, is that they used to be kind of __ smarmy..  like 9GB 5.25"
full height micropolis DIFFERENTIAL drives marketed to the naive unknowing
unwashed as superfast storage with their 'special value' noname chinese PCI
diff scsi controller.. for way way too much money..  same going rates as
real warranty-able [warrantable?]  3.5" seagate barracudas.. and i can only
imagine how many things got toasted when these people later connected a CD
or scanner to the bus..

that and the $500 fc drives in EMC carriers in their $8000 self branded FC
arrays..