[rescue] Food [ was: Sun / Linux LX50]

vraptor at employees.org vraptor at employees.org
Fri Sep 27 13:51:21 CDT 2002

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Tim H. wrote:

>I tend to make elbow macaroni with hamburger, and plenty of black pepper
>(added to hamburger when frying)  That way I get a good hot lunch, that
>my three year old enjoys, and then for the second time around I just add
>sauce and have goulash.  Sometimes I substitute hot Italian sausage for
>the hamburger.  Of course with the three year old, you really can't go
>cheap, you have to supplement with fruits and veggies and such.  And for
>the 6 month old, there is nothing as expensive as feeding a kid before
>they get off formula and on to full time solid food.

A friend with twins worked around the expense of "baby food" by
cooking and pureeing cereals, veggies, fruits and meats for them.
The only thing you have to remember is that kids are growing *fast*--
they gotta get enough protein, or they are hungry all the time.
She used whey protein powder from GNC for a boost.

Using your own recipes gets them used to mom and dad's cooking a
lot faster, too.

=Nadine=