[rescue] GDM 20e20 help

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 21 09:58:20 CDT 2002

> > I got one of these monitors.  It works fine on my SS Classic.
> > I hook it up via the adapter in this
> > (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2054346823) ebay
> > auction to my Riva TNT2 card, and it doesn't do anything.  Can anyone
> > say anything usefull?  The pinout on the ebay page looks correct to
> > me.

> I've used a Sun 20E20 and a similar adapter on a couple of PCs and a
> PowerMac (7300 built-in video).  No problem.  With a working, correct
> adaptor the monitor should work fine at up to 1600x1200 @ 65 Hz or maybe
> 75 Hz.

My primary monitor at home is a 20E20 used with a PC + the "official"
Sun 13W3-to-VGA15 adapter.

You should *at least* get a display during the PC boot process, even if
your video card is set to a non-usable resolution (I use 1280x1024 at 75Hz,
and I don't think a 20E20 will do 1600x1200...).

If you don't see display during the PC boot process, then either your
monitor is toast, it's not a 20E20, or (most likely) that adapter is
crap.

  --Rip