[rescue] Sun / Linux LX50

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Sep 19 13:45:41 CDT 2002

[ On Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 08:34:46 (-0600), Charles J. Killian wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [rescue] Sun / Linux LX50
>
> PCs/Windows is not an inherently bad solution... for certain things.
> Many times millions of workstations prove that.

That's not a valid conclusion.  There is no proof there -- those
millions of users are mostly blind to, and blinded by, the technology.
Those millions of users are still getting raped for no good reason, and
while at the same time their masses are holding everyone up w.r.t. the
many improvements in technology which would make use of computers more
efficient and less costly, they are also paying over and over again for
upgrades that do not solve any of their real problems and which do not
bring along any of those improvements we should all have had decades
ago.  Trillions of dollars have been wasted on unnecessary upgrades of
PCs in the USA alone, never mind the whole world, and things have gotten
worse not better.

(most everything else you said though I agree with!  :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>