[rescue] Sun / Linux LX50

vraptor at employees.org vraptor at employees.org
Wed Sep 18 20:20:20 CDT 2002

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

>On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 05:10:00PM -0700, vraptor at employees.org wrote:

>> Yes, $2800 (or whatever with your Sun discount) is *way* too much
>> for what they are offering.  That was my, albeit obtuse, point.
>> If a PHB is dumb enough to by this, then I can certainly see that
>> PHB buying a Weasel to go in it, assuming it doesn't handle console
>> output to serial.
>
>I don't see PHBs being a big fan of weasels.  I think it would be viewed
>as $350 to manage a server that is better managed with an up to date GUI
>interface, rather than that ancient brain dead CLI crap.

It all depends on whether you have to pay your on-call person
to come into the office or not.

My tactic if I thought the PHB wasn't down with it:  price out
the most high $ x86 console service box at minimum density and
cost compare to the weasel.  Then give the wheedling line, "...and
with the Weasel I'll be able to get so much extra work done on
the weekend without impacting the users..."

=Nadine=