[rescue] Sun / Linux LX50

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Tue Sep 17 08:48:46 CDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 09:44:42AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> I think Sun will do brisk business on these servers, if their marketing
> is good and they continue to support (not try to run) the open-source
> community.  It's all about marketing to the people that control the
> money - which usually isn't the geeks...

With their profit margins, they don't have to sell that many to be
able to afford good tech support and a couple of programmers to figure
out problems.

If they sold 30 a day, that is 10,000 a year, at say average price of
$2400 each = $24 million?  That would pay for a few people...

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net           |
| Zill.Net - Colocation, OpenACS, Python hosting |
| OpenACS shared server          $39.99/month    |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month    |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month      |