[rescue] SGI indigo2 boot problem

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Sep 15 12:14:55 CDT 2002

Walter Belgers <walter+rescue at belgers.com> writes ...

> I have just gotten an SGI Indigo2 Extreme. It has one board in it, which
> I am told is an extreme graphics board. I have put in 4 SIMMs in bank 1
> but the system won't boot.

I've just gotten the same thing running, so I'm no "old SGI hand", but ...

The Extreme card is a three-card bundle, I think.  It takes up three of the
four I/O slots, though from the outside you can't tell it, since all the
external IO stuff is on one of the boards.

I think the memory specs are, basically, 4 SIMMs per bank, bank 0 closest to
the front, 60 or 70 NS real parity FPM SIMMs, max 32 MB per SIMM.  Izzat
what you have in there?

-Shel
--
Sheldon T. Hall