[rescue] Now what? (dtterm division)

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sat Sep 14 20:38:43 CDT 2002

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 05:15:48PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> [1] I must admit total ignorance WRT dtterm, as it is utter crap com-
>     pared to xterm and not even in the same galaxy as rxvt, IMO.  But
>     then, I feel that way about all of CDE; I'd take twm (or OpenLook,
>     if it were still an option on Solaris) over CDE -any- day.

ALL of CDE is crap... take it from someone who worked at a company
with a source license that ported it to FreeBSD and Linux.

I loaded up a 8MB mailbox in the mail client - it barfed after chewing
up a tremendous amount of swap; the ttdbserver daemon had security
holes.  And it used a lot of RAM.

It's pretty sad when the Enlightenment window manager looks to be less
resource-intensive than CDE...

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net           |
| Zill.Net - Colocation, OpenACS, Python hosting |
| OpenACS shared server          $39.99/month    |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month    |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month      |