[rescue] Now what? (dtterm division)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Sep 14 17:15:48 CDT 2002

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> intr = ^?; quit = ^\; erase = ^h; kill = @;

intr = ^?   ???  That should be ^C, unless you like having delete mapped
to nterrrupt.  kill = @ is weird, too--it's ^U here.

eol and switch are both ^@ here, but this is an SGI, so there's no
surprise if that is a bit weird.

start = ^Q and stop = ^S on every machine I've ever met, but unless you
actually use these features, it's probably a good idea to leave them
undefined, as I haver a bad habit of hitting ^S instead of ^A to switch
screens.

^R ^O ^W and ^V here, respectively.  You really want lnext = ^V if you
do a lot of work from the the shell.

Who set this up for you?  This can't be the default as it ships from
$vendor, can it[1]?

[1] I must admit total ignorance WRT dtterm, as it is utter crap com-
    pared to xterm and not even in the same galaxy as rxvt, IMO.  But
    then, I feel that way about all of CDE; I'd take twm (or OpenLook,
    if it were still an option on Solaris) over CDE -any- day.

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)