[rescue] anyone ever used 100 VG ?

jwbirdsa at picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.com
Sat Sep 14 02:22:04 CDT 2002

   Last time I looked, none of the BSDs had support for any HP Ethernet
cards, let alone something as exotic as 100VG. As far as I know, the
thing that was superior about 100VG was that it could run on voice
grade (hence the VG) cable instead of requiring Cat5.

   I'll be interested to hear what you find, because I have a couple of
those cards myself, and some 100VG modules for my Advancestack 2000.
(If you want to mess around with VG, I could sell you one of my spare
Advancestack 2000s with a mixture of 100VG and 100TX cards so you could
bridge to the rest of your network...)

   --James B.