[rescue] SS20 MP question

John Ruschmeyer jruschme at comcast.net
Thu Sep 12 10:49:43 CDT 2002

A quick question about multiprocessor SS20's and Solaris...

I'm considering adding a second CPU to my SS20 which will soon be
running Solaris 9. According to the license for the free download,
Solaris is only free on single CPU systems and that for multiple CPUs, I
am required to purchase a license.

Out of curiousity, is there anything in the download version which
blocks the use of a second CPU or will it work, but just not be "legal".
(This is a personal hacking box, not a production system or server, if
that makes a difference.)

Thanks...
<<<john>>>