[rescue] Re: Oh my lord (Sun A5000) -> Carrier Should be Criminal Fraud

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Sep 12 07:50:44 CDT 2002

> > [The mean ol' UPS lady] tells me that it is UPS policy to
> > only ship computers in there original box. ...
>
> I do believe that the policy of only taking computers in
> their original box is a long standing rule at UPS, but
> one that they never follow, I suspect that they only have
> it so they can reject any insurance claims.

   I shipped a computer in its original box, and they still killed it, and
then tried to deny my claim.
   While we shouldn't be overly harsh on (or rude to) UPS employees -- who,
like telemarketers, may well be human beings -- you should be fully prepared
to Tear Open A Can Of Whoop-Ass whenever you deal with them.
-wde
P.S. I used to work in shipping, so it's not like I don't know which end of a
tape gun goes where.
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator