[rescue] Re: Oh my lord (Sun A5000) -> Carrier Should be Criminal Fraud

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Thu Sep 12 00:26:53 CDT 2002

Eric Dittman wrote:
> The UPS dropoff in Richardson at Campbell just east of Central*
> will make you open boxes for packing inspection if you list any
> type of computer equipment.  They cover themselves this way.  If
> you list computer equipment they can reject the package if it's
> not packed securely.  If you write something else to get around
> the requirement they can reject the damage claim for false
> information.
>
> *Les is local, so he knows the area.

There is a certain lady at my local UPS depot that gives me a hard time
about computers.  She hasn't opened anything yet, but she always want to
know exactly how I packed it, and then acts as if she is doing me a
favor for letting me ship it.  She tells me that it is UPS policy to
only ship computers in there original box.  I don't believe that for a
second, although, it may be her policy.  Lately I've been going to Fedex
anyway.  They're cheaper and more on my way to work.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA