[rescue] Identifying SGI in picture for interests sake

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Sep 10 18:21:04 CDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 06:12:01PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> > http://www.sgi.com/features/2002/sep/ibc/images/lg_thirdspace.jpg
> >
> > What SGI is in that picture?
>
> That is an Origin 300.  It's a scaled-down Origin 3x00-series system.
> They're great little servers, but they're overly pricey.

Hmm.  Is the origin 300 smaller than a Origin 200 then?  Or is the
origin 300 the box on the bottom.  If not, what is the box on the
bottom.  For that matter, what is the box on the top?

> > The console appears to be running Windows,
>
> I'm sure that was Photoshopped-in by a marketroid that doesn't know any
> better.  The O300 is an IRIX machine.

According to a page on their site (but not the article that the picture
came from), the software running on that machine uses a remote Java
console.  So, the flat panel display probably would be connected to some
SGI-NT machine.

--
Joshua D. Boyd