[rescue] Identifying SGI in picture for interests sake

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Sep 10 18:12:01 CDT 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> http://www.sgi.com/features/2002/sep/ibc/images/lg_thirdspace.jpg
>
> What SGI is in that picture?

That is an Origin 300.  It's a scaled-down Origin 3x00-series system.
They're great little servers, but they're overly pricey.

> The console appears to be running Windows,

I'm sure that was Photoshopped-in by a marketroid that doesn't know any
better.  The O300 is an IRIX machine.

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)