[rescue] IRIX installation

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Sep 9 12:50:38 CDT 2002

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> One more question ... if I do the "feed it all the disks" installation, will
> it overwrite any of the files I've changed?  I finally got the thing on the
> network, got some sane set-up files going, etc....

If you're already to that point, don't bother booting from the CD.
Put in a CD, Open the Software Manager, and type /dev/CDROM in the field
at the top.  Then click "Lookup".  Click "customize installation".  Select
"Open Additional Distribution" from the file menu, click "Eject CD",
insert the next one, highlight the "/dev/CDROM" entry in the list, and
click "Add".  Repeat until you've given it all the CDs.  Now you can add
any software you have to a running system without disturbing your existing
installation.

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)