[rescue] Java Station

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Nov 27 11:04:18 CST 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 10:56:39AM -0600, Mark Price wrote:
> If you go on google and find the Linux how-to for javastations, it will at
> least tell you how to identify your javastation.  There are a few models.
> I never could get mine to netboot linux or netbsd.  I tried a couple
> different dhcp servers, someone told me it "might" require a true Sun
> Solaris dhcp server to give it an IP, so that is something I might try
> that I can't tried yet.

I'm only aware of one Javastation that comes in a 611 like case.  It can
have different prom versions though, but that mainly just means that you
may or not have to netboot an intemediate program first.  I ended up
selling my Javastation before getting it working, but it got past the
first stage of communicating with the boot server and was hanging on

I shall soon be resuming the attempts at actually making my boot server
finally boot something when the semester is over so that I can boot a ELC.

--
Joshua D. Boyd