[rescue] needed: cable/DSL router

Ryan Loiselle ryan.loiselle at mts.net
Tue Nov 26 10:40:25 CST 2002

Does anyone on here have any experience in setting up PPPoE on Solaris 9.

I am trying to set up a SS5, Solaris 9 with a quad ethernet card as my
Gateway/Firewall.  Or would it just be easier for me to ebay a CISCO 827 /
827H and set that up, and still use the SS5 as a Firewall / NAT server ?

Im a newbie in these parts and just decided to jump in feet first, I felt it
was a good companion to working towards my CCNx/CompSci and my current line
of work / career hopes.   I added a couple of Sun's to my Cisco Lab and  I
am in the process of setting up Solaris 9 on 2 SS5's, 2 Ultra 1's and a
Blade 100, with a Linux flavoured Mr.Coffee just to play around with.

ryan loiselle

w: ryan.loiselle at mts.ca
h: ryan.loiselle at mts.net

PS. thanks for your help shawn